Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, February 25, 2002
 
Anyone notice this news item?

U.S. Expands Nuclear First-Strike Policy
22 February 2002

John Bolton, the U.S. undersecretary of state for arms control and international security, announced Feb. 21 that the United States is abandoning its longstanding pledge not to use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear states. Since 1978 Washington has said it would break this policy only if such states attacked the United States in alliance with a nuclear aggressor.

The rest of the article is at STRATFOR.com, which you can only access if you're a paying subscriber. But it doesn't say much more. I didn't notice this reported elsewhere. Did anyone else?