Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
 
In London on business, and once again I am struck by the fact that British men dress abominably, even compared to Americans.

The uniform of the typical City bloke appears to be: purple pin-striped suit, collar up; pink shirt; electric-blue tie in a super-wide triple-Windsor knot; and hair done in a faux-hawk.

I can deal with guys who work hard to look good, guys who don't care how they look and look like they don't care, and guys who don't know how to look good but try to stay neat and safe. But I am, I admit, mystified by women who work hard to look ridiculous, and even more mystified by men who do so.

It's a sign of something, and not anything good.