Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, March 04, 2004
 
A couple of readers think I'm stretching with the gnosticism post. Maybe I am. I think I'm right in characterizing the "coming out" narrative is structurally akin to a gnostic religious narrative - and again, I'm trying to be descriptive, not damning or applauding. I kind of knew I was on thinner ice claiming the religious opposition is also tinged with gnosticism, but there's something more than just the "ick" factor or the secular arguments against gay marriage at work here. I'm trying to understand it better.

Anyhow, if folks want to know why I'm opposed to same-sex marriage, the best statement I've made on the topic is here. If folks want to know why I'm opposed to the FMA, my post on the topic is here.