Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Tuesday, January 13, 2004
 
I want to make something clear, in case it wasn't from the material below: I'm neither making a brief for or against the President's immigration proposal. I'm not endorsing the proposition that mass immigration is inevitable, or that it's a good thing; nor am I endorsing the proposition that mass *legal* immigration is a disaster for the country and that a guestworker program such as Bush proposes would destroy American sovereignty. I'm trying to get a handle on what Bush's proposal means and to figure out what my perspective is. Emotions run high on this one. Clearly.