Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, September 08, 2003
 
So a few days ago I mentioned that Kerry was in free fall and, for the first time, Dean looked to me like a real possibility as nominee. And I suggested that the response of the DLC types would be to rally around Kerry. Well, I've found an indicator to watch, in that regard: The TNR Primary.

TNR has, of course, been pulling for their candidate - Joe Lieberman - for some time. And, indeed, his scores in August were pretty darn good: a grade of 3.7, where his nearest rival - Edwards, another pro-war Dem - was at 2.6.

Watch Kerry pull ahead, and Lieberman fall behind over the next few weeks. "Stop Dean" is the order of the day. The field will be narrowed, one way or another.