Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, September 10, 2003
 
A joke apparently current in Palestinian circles:

Yasser Arafat is riding in a car with Mahmoud Abbas, when he spots an obstacle. "Abu Mazen, there's a tree in the road!" Mr. Arafat cries. But the car continues on its way. Mr. Arafat's warnings grow more frantic as they approach collision.

Finally, the car hits the tree, and as the two Palestinian leaders stumble from the wreckage, battered and bruised, Mr. Arafat turns to Mr. Abbas and says, "Abu Mazen, I told you there was a tree!"

Mr. Abbas replies, miserably, "But you were driving."