Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, June 04, 2003
 
Well, the culture war is alive and well in Israel. Jerusalem now has a haredi mayor from a haredi sectarian party, and Haifa has a secularist mayor from a secularist sectarian party. I suppose this means everyone either expects peace to break out imminently or has so accustomed themselves to "the situation" that these other concerns can come to the fore. In any event, I wish both men, very different men who have the responsibility for governing two of Israels most diverse cities, all the best. B'hatzlacha.