Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Friday, January 03, 2003
 
The Washingtonian says Clarence Thomas is the leading candidate to replace Rhenquist as Chief Justice. I can't say I predicted it - but I did advise it, here. The Washingtonian also thinks Orrin Hatch is a real contender to be nominated to the Court. I'm not convinced this makes political sense in terms of currying favor with voters, though it would make Senate confirmation a breeze. As for how he'll vote: I boldly predict that he'll be exactly as innovative and dramatic a Justice as would a Justice Gonzales.