Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, August 29, 2002
 
Well the Jerusalem Post seems to have a different view of Rabbi Sacks' comments. I maintain my view: that he did not say that Israel's policies are immoral or that Israel is doing anything other than defending itself, only that in the long-term a continuous state of warfare - particularly the sort of warfare currently ongoing - is morally corrupting. I don't see a problem with that statement. I think Rabbi Sacks' words have been manipulated by media like Ha'aretz in order to make him a supporter of the "peace camp" (better described as the "surrender camp") which I do not believe he is. And nothing in his statements as I have been able to obtain them has convinced me that he has become one.