Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, July 22, 2002
 
A really moving piece from my old high-school debate nemesis Hanna Rosin, a profile of two seminarians - one straight, one gay - who dropped out of seminary because of the gay "tension" they found there. Their common message is: seminaries are not healthy environments, for straights or gays, because they are dominated by gay men in one degree or another of denial about their own sexuality. It's a pretty sad piece. Both of these men were clearly called in some way, and both felt that the institution they were called to failed them. Anyhow, worth reading.