Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, July 11, 2002
 
Charles Johnson says: it could have been much worse (September 11, that is). The attack came very close to toppling the towers instantly. Had they done so, fatalities would not have been in the thousands but over 100,000: all the occupants of the towers, plus the occupants of other buildings struck by the towers as they fell. And it's worth remembering that this was precisely the goal of the original 1993 bombing, which was essentially ignored, treated as a criminal matter.