Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Tuesday, June 18, 2002
 
Two really good posts from Joe Katzman at Winds of Change.

The first rethinks his stance against the Harvard "jihad" speech. He makes some very good points. For me, the issue always was his support for the Holyland Foundation, a supporter of Hamas, and not the use of the word "jihad" in the title. But he makes some good points in general.

The second is a transcript of a dialogue between him and a pro-Palestinian Jewish interlocutor. A model for how to argue reasonably but strenuously.