Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, May 20, 2002
 
Sharon fires Shas ministers reports JPost, over their opposition to the budget. This could mean elections are coming, soon. Without Shas, Sharon is dependent on Labor for a Knesset majority. Everyone assumes that if elections were held soon, Likud would get a significantly larger bloc than it has now - at Shas's and Labor's expense. Sharon presumably wants to control the timing of the election, and wouldn't make himself vulnerable unless he were planning to call new elections anyhow. But we'll see.