Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Tuesday, May 21, 2002
 
I normally would not link to a Joseph Farah article, because I think he's a little nuts. But he's right on the money with this piece: The day Arafat was offered power. The article is about the period in the late 1960s when Arafat and the PLO were based in Jordan, and tried to take over that country. What is little known is that Jordan's King Hussein bent over backwards to accommodate Arafat - even to the point of offering him the Prime Ministership. Arafat turned him down, and was ultimately routed in what the PLO refers to as Black September, the Jordanian army's successful war on the PLO. Arafat has had opportunities before to take control of an actual state, to establish a legitimate power base and work for the betterment of his people. He has no interest in these things. He likes being a terrorist chieftain. He likes having no responsibility and the power that comes from rule by fear. There is no possibility of any kind of negotiation or coexistence with him - ever, by any government. He must be eliminated, ideally tried and executed but, failing that, killed or exiled. That is a precondition to any talk of peace. The sooner we understand this, the better. Thanks to Charles Johnson for the link.