Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, April 24, 2002
 
Gunmen stole gold, crucifixes, escaped monks report according to the Jerusalem Post today. I have to ask again: why, apart from simple cowardice, does the Church not loudly protest this hostage-taking by Palestinian terrorists? Why is Israel coming under any criticism from the Church for the standoff, when Israel has respected the sanctity of the Church of the Nativity and attempted to help the hostages held therein, while the Palestinian Authority has supported the gunmen who have taken the hostages? I know I sound like a broken record, but I feel genuinely betrayed.