Gideon's Blog

In direct contravention of my wife's explicit instructions, herewith I inaugurate my first blog. Long may it prosper.

For some reason, I think I have something to say to you. You think you have something to say to me? Email me at: gideonsblogger -at- yahoo -dot- com

Site Meter This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, April 10, 2002
 
Can I just say that, regardless of the details of Fischer's proposal, the last message the U.S. wants to convey is that no European state can take a positive role in foreign affairs without consulting with their fellow Europeans? Let's say it really loud: the United States has no interest in the success of the European "project" unless it means the development of a democratic, accountable, free nation of Europe. That is not what the Eurocrats have in mind, and so long as they continue on their current road - toward the soft-Sovietization of formerly free peoples - America's only interest is in keeping Europe as small as possible, and keeping strong, independent links with pro-American states within Europe: Britain, of course, but second in line (within the EU) would have to be Germany. I mean, who do we want to deal with over there, the French?